Last Updated: 15 August 2018
"JUNGLE" is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://jungle.xyz/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the hiring JUNGLEx company ("JUNGLE") as specified in the job description or as the context of the job description provides; see for respective contact details “Contact” below.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://jungle.xyz/ (our service) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you submit job application or contact us.
The information you give us may include:
- Name (first and last name)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Twitter account
- Github account
- Location(s) where you want to work
- Any other personal information to assist us with our recruitment process
- Home address
- Date of Birth
- Previous employment information, including date of hire, job title, department and business unit, work location, work status (full time, part time), data pertaining to work preferences and abilities;
- Curriculum vitae, including education, past work experience and references;
- Information on certain health conditions (only where required by law)
- Data regarding responses to screening questions (where applicable)
- Background check information (where applicable)
- Other Additional information after offering a job
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you use social media (such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn) and make your profile(s) visible to the public, we may review your social media profile(s).
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Browser software
- Operating system
- Date and time of access
- Internet address of the website from which you link
- Information on how you use our website
- In addition, we process the following data about you:
- Job interview notes
- Assessment Results
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
a. to facilitate any application you make to "JUNGLE"
b. to respond to your queries and requests
c. in case of legal proceedings to establish, exercise or defend us against a legal claim.
d. to notify you about future job opportunities
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
a. to improve our recruiting process to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
b. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners (Technical and support, Work agencies and so on)
- Public Prosecutors
- External advisors (such as legal advisors, accountants)
- Benefits providers
- Pension trustees
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our service.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If "JUNGLE" or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its candidates will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of "JUNGLE", our candidates, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you start working for "JUNGLE", the data will be transferred to your personnel file and processed for employment purposes.
If your application for employment is not successful, we will keep the data for a limited period (depending on local laws) beyond the end of the application process.
The main purposes are: (a) contacting you for future job vacancies (b) the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask to share (port) this data to another controller. You can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirements, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in the applicable national data protection legislation. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Also, you have the right to define instruction on your personal data after your death.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you would like further information about your data protection rights please contact your hiring "JUNGLE" entity (or the respective data protection officer, where appointed) via Contact us or via the addresses as listed below. If you have any concern about privacy or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
|JUNGLE X UK LTD.||Fox Court 14 Gray’s Inn Road,
London, WC1X 8HN
|JUNGLE X SG PTE. LTD.||10 Anson Road #14-06 International Plaza
|JUNGLE X CORP.||1-5-10, Azabujuban Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0045 JAPAN|