Software Engineer, Backend
A day early in the battle is a day profitable. The first thing to do is to jump out. Then you can think about it. -Shinsaku Takasugi SAMURAI Revolutionary
Become a Jungler
With "Good Betting, Good Life"as our purpose, we aim to solve global issues through our betting business.
Our services will dramatically change the definition of Betting and bring about a new customer experience. This is not a pie-in-the-sky scenario.
We are looking for a Jungler, a person with outstanding abilities and talents who shares our philosophy and can accelerate our Betting business for the benefit of society.
Software Engineer, Backend
The backend team is in charge of API integration, database design and construction, server environment construction, and improving the security level to prevent unauthorized access and transactions.
To provide the world's most comfortable In-Play, there are endless problems to be solved and new features to be implemented. That's why we're looking for engineers who have a great sense of aesthetics, who are detail-oriented, who are willing to face any challenge to change the world, who are smart, motivated, and collaborative.
The revolution at JUNGLEˣ depends on the world-class robust, fast, and stable system that you and your team will produce.
CEO of Your Territory
- Support and extension of the existing code base of the backend layer of JUNGLEBet and new development and environment for the world's most comfortable In-Play
- Develop low-latency, high-availability, and scalable solutions for high transaction volume environments
- Planning and implementation of new features in collaboration with other engineering teams such as product managers, software engineers, and designers
- Showing options and accurate estimates needed to make the best decisions
- 5+ years of development experience: including TypeScript, Scala, Golang or JAVA
- Have Knowledge of Data Storage technologies such as RDB (especially PostgreSQL), Redis, Elasticsearch, AWS DynamoDB or Cloud Firestore
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially by accessing its API. (not AWS console)
- Can write clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code
- Can define and set milestones of volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous tasks, then get things done
- Take responsibility for products and address an emergency issue immediately
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in full-stack development
- Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a scientific field
- Experience with Github as a team, especially, Github flow (Understand manners of multiple developers environment)
- Consider UI and UX of products/services when you develop
- Experience with implementing the integration with a payment gateway
- Experience with highly distributed tiered service architectures
- Contributions to OSS projects
- Strong understanding and knowledge of web frameworks, build tools and libraries
- Strong understanding and knowledge of web and tech products in the UK, US, China, and Southeast Asia
- Working proficiency in English (For non-native English speakers)
Diversity & Inclusion
At JUNGLEˣ, recruitment and post-employment evaluations are based solely on merit, ability, and qualifications and are not influenced in any way by sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity, or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
- You share the same aesthetic sense as Jungler.
- You are curious and eager to learn.
- You are serious about their work and can work creatively to achieve team goals.
- An ability to work backward from a set goal to find the necessary information, identify the problem, and work autonomously to solve it.・
Programming languages：TypeScript, Kotlin, Swift
Frontend stack: React Native, Flutter, GraphQL
Infrastructure：AWS (Lambda, AppSync, DynamoDB, RDS, OpenSearch, S3, CloudFront, AWS IVS, AWS Transcribe etc), GCP(BigQuery, Firebase etc)
Database：DynamoDB, OpenSearch, BigQuery
Configuration management tools：AWS CDK
Analysis infrastructure：BigQuery, Google Sheets
Source code management：GitHub
Project management：Github, Notion, Google Sheets
Others：GitHub, Slack Fastlane
The above describes the development environment as a whole, not just the relevant position.
Back to Open Positions
For employment inquiries, contact us via the Contact Us form.