Data Science Engineer
Live or die, let time take its course. It doesn't matter what people say. -Shinsaku Takasugi SAMURAI Revolutionary
With "Good Betting, Good Life"as our purpose, we aim to solve global issues through our betting business.
Our services will dramatically change the definition of Betting and bring about a new customer experience. This is not a pie-in-the-sky scenario.
We are looking for a Jungler, a person with outstanding abilities and talents who shares our philosophy and can accelerate our Betting business for the benefit of society.
The Data Science Engineer team is responsible for developing innovative data products that solve analytically challenging problems at JUNGLEˣ, working closely with teams in the wider business to generate data-driven solutions to a wide range of scenarios.
To provide the world's most comfortable In-Play, there are endless problems to be solved and new features to be implemented. That's why we're looking for engineers who have a great sense of aesthetics, who are detail-oriented, who are willing to face any challenge to change the world, who are smart, motivated, and collaborative.
Innovative and engaging odds and analyzing and improving CX you and your team will be responsible for will take JUNGLEˣ to the next level.
- Take ownership of engineering design, development, deployment, and operations of data science technical infrastructure
- Collaborate with business stakeholders across the company to plan and execute valuable data science projects.
- Ensure ongoing data quality and manage data governance that enables rapid adoption
- Work within complex systems to lead the development of advanced algorithms, leveraging machine learning and quantitative techniques to produce models and systems that solve important business problems
- Leveraging analytical tools to maximise insight from our customer data
- Designing relevant experiments and developing innovative and effective approaches to solve practical problems
- Showing options and accurate estimates needed to make the best decisions
- Experience in designing, constructing, and operating the entire data processing process
- Experience in handling data in a cloud environment such as AWS
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical collaborators to understand data needs and turn into data models
- Deep understanding of quantitative methods, notably writing code to navigate machine learning and data analysis
- An ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-experts
- Solid statistics background; generalised linear models, experimental design, A/B testing
- Understanding of core machine learning techniques, preferably in dimensionality reduction or recommender systems
- Can define and set milestones of volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous tasks, then get things done
- Take responsibility for products and address an emergency issue immediately
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Experience as a core contributor on a data science team where you were responsible for all aspects of data science technical projects, including development and deployment, and then monitoring of how those applications perform in production
- Excellent understanding of at least one data science area where you can show deep understanding and awareness of up to date research
- Experience in devising and implementing data-related anomaly detection systems
- Working proficiency in English (For non-native English speakers)
At JUNGLEˣ, recruitment and post-employment evaluations are based solely on merit, ability, and qualifications and are not influenced in any way by sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity, or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
- You share the same aesthetic sense as Jungler.
- You are curious and eager to learn.
- You are serious about their work and can work creatively to achieve team goals.
- An ability to work backward from a set goal to find the necessary information, identify the problem, and work autonomously to solve it.
Programming languages：TypeScript, Kotlin, Swift
Frontend stack: React Native, Flutter, GraphQL
Infrastructure：AWS (Lambda, AppSync, DynamoDB, RDS, OpenSearch, S3, CloudFront, AWS IVS, AWS Transcribe etc), GCP(BigQuery, Firebase etc)
Database：DynamoDB, OpenSearch, BigQuery
Configuration management tools：AWS CDK
Analysis infrastructure：BigQuery, Google Sheets
Source code management：GitHub
Project management：Github, Notion, Google Sheets
Others：GitHub, Slack Fastlane
The above describes the development environment as a whole, not just the relevant position.
Back to Open Positions
For employment inquiries, contact us via the Contact Us form.